Daylight photosensor systems are widely misunderstood and poorly characterized.
The lack of understanding about daylight photosensor systems is a barrier
to their widespread use, resulting in a missed opportunity for energy
savings. Misunderstanding about photosensor operation also limits future
technological advances in photosensor performance and functionality. To
help overcome this barrier, this site will:
- Elucidate the principles of photosensor operation for a better understanding of how they work as part of a lighting system;
- Show how photosensors can be technically evaluated;
- Show how photosensors can be appropriately applied;
- Show how current photosensors perform;
- Stimulate manufacturers to provide a high performance product.
The intended audience includes specifiers, contractors, lighting designers
and photosensor manufacturers, as well as people interested in energy-saving
technologies. To help serve all audiences, the information in this tutorial
is organized into levels of increasing detail.