Lighting for Roadway Signals
Traffic signals are signaling devices positioned at road intersections in order to control traffic coming from different directions. Standard light colors are red, amber, and green. Recently, manufacturers of traffic signals have begun to use LED technology in traffic signals.
Maintaining LED Traffic Signals
LED traffic signals have lived up to their promise for an energy-efficient lighting solution for US highways. However, some modules have failed sooner than expected. The LRC examined LED traffic signal maintenance and monitoring issues and developed recommendationsfor replacement strategies.
The following lists include articles and presentations on related subjects.
- Effect of Rise Time on Traffic Signal Visibility
- Are Yellow Traffic Signals Brighter Than They Need to Be?
- Will LEDs Transform Traffic Signals as They Did Exit Signs?
- Increasing Market Penetration of LED Traffic Signals in New York State: Review of Articles and Information on LED Traffic Signals
- Luminous Intensity for Traffic Signals: A Scientific Basis for Performance Specifications (with appendix)
- Survey of California Municipalities about LED Traffic Signals
- LED and Traffic Signal Technology
- Issues and Options Paper - LED Traffic Signals
- LED Traffic Signals Roundtable Meeting
- Information about Traffic Signal Specifications Available on the World Wide Web
- Survey of Local Agencies About LED Traffic Signals
- Evaluation of In-Pavement, Flashing Warning Lights on Pedestrian Crosswalk Safety
- Pedestrian Crosswalk Safety: Evaluating In-Pavement, Flashing Warning Lights
- Luminance Requirements for Lighted Signage
- Evaluation of LED Channel-Letter Signage
- The Significance of Surround Conditions for Roadway Signs
- Evaluation of New Relfective Materials for Overhead Highway Signage
|Transportation Home | Contact Us | Publications | TLA | Links|