LS13 Posters and Papers
Paper submission is now closed.
All papers included in the LS13 Conference Proceedings will be refereed to enhance the status of the Proceedings, to help ensure its inclusion in a broader range of the major scientific and technical abstracting services, and to enable authors to cite their respective contributions as "refereed conference contributions."
The criteria to be applied in the refereeing process are related to those used by scientific and technical journals, recognizing the additional constraint imposed by the limited space available. The criteria are as follows:
- paper conforms to templates provided on the conference website (no exceptions to this criterion will be allowed);
- paper is within the scope of the conference (the listed conference topics are not meant to be entirely prescriptive; papers judged by referees as likely to be of interest and value to the community, but which do not fall within the listed topics, will be accepted subject to their meeting the other criteria)
- at least one of the authors registers and attends the conference (person to be identified on cover sheet of submitted paper. Necessary to ensure opportunities for discussion at the poster of the submitted paper);
- in the event the contributed paper is accepted as a poster, the author(s) prepares a poster based on the paper for inclusion in the respective poster session scheduled at the conference;
- the results presented, views expressed, are novel, significant and timely (The value of conference contributions relates often to the opportunity to highlight important new work ahead of the publication of more substantive, detailed accounts of work. Contributions based heavily on previously published work must reference that work and identify clearly what is novel in the contributed paper. Inclusion of figures published previously in exactly the same form is not allowed);
- relevant published work by the author(s) and by others is cited;
- clarity of presentation and organization in terms of arguments employed, conclusions reached;
- text of paper to be in English and to have been swept by either a US or UK English spell-checker;
- author(s) accepts that in the event their paper is accepted for publication in the Conference Proceedings volume that they transfer copyright to the publisher FAST-LS Ltd.
The organizers are committed to encouraging both wide participation in the meeting and a broad coverage of this dynamic field of investigation.
In order for your paper to be published in the Conference Proceedings, it is necessary that the copyright is transferred to the publisher FAST-LS Ltd. Please send us the filled out copyright form by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax it to +1-518-687-7120.
The poster size is A0 (841 mm x 1189 mm; 33.1" x 46.8"). Posters must be in Portrait orientation, as shown below.
Pushpins will be provided to affix your poster to the board. Posters can be attached on their position in their designated locations directly after the start of the registration on Sunday afternoon. Posters will be able to remain there for the entire week of the conference and can be removed again on Friday afternoon (15.00 hr latest). Any remaining posters will be removed after that time by the organization.